Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Hiatus Week Two

Self Care Prompt:

Write a letter to your inner critic telling her to shut the hell up. No, seriously. Tell her all the reasons you don’t care what she thinks. Be firm. Be raw. Be as brutal to her as she is to you. Don’t worry about hurting her feelings. She doesn’t have any.

Writing Prompt:

What age do you write for? What were the three most significant experiences you had at that age? Give yourself twenty minutes and do a timed writing about those three experiences. Be specific, not general. Not, I feared losing my best friend, but I stayed up for six nights in a row worrying who I would play with when Michele moved away because Amy liked to tease me about my braces. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A couple of housekeeping things before we really disappear for the summer!

If you haven't filled out our poll on the sidebar yet, please do! We have 288 followers and only 14 respondents so far. We'd love to know what you'd like from SVP in the coming months.

Also, we have a couple of book prizes we need to give away!

Winner of last months drawing for a copy of The Basilisk's Lair goes to . . . Natalie Aguirre! Natalie, email me with your address and I'll get that copy right out to you.

Winner of last weeks The Healing Spell is . . .  Magdalena Scott! Email Mary with your snail mail address and she will get your prize in the mail.
  

4 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

The self care prompt sounds absolutely, deliciously, wonderful...(Hugs)Indigo

Why yes, I have been rather hard on myself of late.

R.L. LaFevers said...

So glad to b of service, Indigo! :-)

Mary Hershey said...

I especially love the "... shut the HELL up!" :-]

Thanks, Robin!
Mary

Jan Markley said...

writing a letter to your inner critic - great idea!