Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Twelve Days of Christmas-Introvert Style: Day Eight


On the eighth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Close friends connecting
Plenty time for napping
Six hours a-plotting
One emp-ty house
Four ear plugs
Three note books
Two soothing drinks
And a nice quiet place to just be…

Because really, isn’t that one of the best parts of the holiday? Seeing those you love, snatching a great heart-to-heart or catching up in the corner while everyone else is drinking too much eggnog or playing with the kids new wii? That’s one of the myths about introverts, that we’re anti-social beings. Not so! We love to connect in a meaningful way, which is why it’s so important to conserve our social energy—so we have enough left to give to those who are truly important in our lives!

Whichever holiday you celebrate be sure to schedule in some time to connect with those you hold dear.

Our prize today is three books written by three people we hold dear, Shrinking Violet interviewees Brent Hartinger, Cecil Castelluci, and Jacqueline Woodson. And the winner is . . . Number 48! Sabrina!

Email me Sabrina so I can get those out to you!

Wishing you all lots of warm and wonderful moments with those you love...

2 comments:

Mary Hershey said...

On the eighth day of Xmas, I'm MISSING connecting with my close friend, RL! Let's do a phone date soon or I might simply perish--

Love,
MH

Sabrina Favors said...

I'm actually doing well with connecting one-on-one with different friends outside of a university setting. That really is the best. And thank you for the prize.