Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Twelve Days of Christmas-Introvert Style: Day Seven

On the seventh day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Plenty time for napping
Six hours a-plotting
One emp-ty house
Four ear plugs
Three note books
Two soothing drinks
And a nice quiet place to just be…

Do I really need to explain the benefits of napping? I thought not. Whether it be a long luxurious 2 hour nap where you sleep hard enough to get bed head, or quick refreshing pick-me-up of a 20 minute cat nap, we hope you find some time in the busy days ahead to allow yourself a luxury of a nap.

One of the greatest things about being a writer is that naps refresh the subconscious and allow it to make important breakthroughs in our writing. Which leads to one of the major perks of being a writer: Writer + nap = work. (Or at least, that’s what I’ve managed to convince my family.) What’s not to love about that?

And to ensure the ultimate napping experience, today’s winner--Number 12, Kimberly Lyn!--will receive a lavender candle and bath salts. Email me Kimberly Lyn, and I will get those right out to you.

Sweet Dreams!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for those lavender bath salts. I think I dreamed in lavender last night.

Yat-Yee said...

Ah! Naps...

Julie Kibler said...

Oh, I'm completely worthless without my naps or enough sleep in general, which to most people would be "too much." Thanks for the validation, but I fear I will always feel guilty when I see the world dashing madly around me on not enough sleep every single day. How do they thrive and survive?

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Oh, a nap sounds so good right now. I don't usually have time, but December naps seem to be more needed than ever.

Margay Leah Justice said...

That sounds about right to me!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I won?! YAH!

Thank you! Thank you! I will drop an email when I get home.

Happy Holidays,

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

I hear you on this!

One of my favorite New Yorker cartoons features a wife looking down at her husband a-snooze on the sofa. She says, "Are you taking a nap-nap or a creative-nap?"