Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Twelve Days of Christmas-Introvert Style:Day Five


On the Fifth Day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
One emp-ty house!
Four ear plugs
Three note books
Two soothing drinks
And a nice quiet place to just be.

Okay, we can’t fly in and clear your house for you, but we sure wish we could! (Or, you know, you could fly in and clear ours. . .) However, we can give you something to do should you be lucky enough to find a few minutes peace and quiet.

How about a nice quiet bath and, of course, some books to read in the tub? Number 103, Mim, wins today's prize of lavender bath salts and two YA fantasy books: The Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle, and a signed copy of Here There Be Dragons by James Owen. Drop me an email Mim, and I will get those right out to you.

Wishing all of you a nice empty house, at least for a few hours!

Robin and Mary

8 comments:

Sara Raasch said...

I must say: this is one of the funniest/cutest/most applicable versions of this song that I have heard. Brava!

Anonymous said...

I agree!

Hope you both have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year,

Kimberly

P.S.

And all the other Shrinking Violets out there, too!

Anonymous said...

This is great!!! This would be my best christmas!

Dave
http://finepoetry.wordpress.com
Hidden introvert

Anonymous said...

Actually, an empty house happens just about every weekend for me. The hubby will go hang out with his BF either on Saturday or Sunday. I get to sit home and read. Or write (if I'm in Writing Mode, that is).

Anonymous said...

I love this song more and more every day.... :)

Mary Hershey said...

I want the fireplace!!!! :-)
Who KNEW Robin was a song composer?

Hi, Dave, hidden introvert! And all our new and old friends.

*|||:-]
Mary Hershey

Sabrina Favors said...

Taking a few minutes away from the WIP and saw this, which actually suits what I am doing right now. In my room, full house, but new headphones with good music that drown out other people making noise, notebooks to the left of me and a soothing drink to the right of me. And a gingerbread cookie. You're not hiding out in my room watching me and taking notes are you?

(I kid, I kid.) Happy holidays, everyone.

Mim said...

Wow--this is perfect for me I love to escape to the tub to read--and YA Fantasy is my favorite genre.
Thanks! I really enjoy reading this blog.