Thursday, May 22, 2008

Guess the Identity of this Indie Bookseller and Win!


Here's the deal. Guess the identity of the bookseller above and you will win a $25.00 Booksense.com gift certificate! Your prize goes right back into the hands of the people that we've been honoring all month. See how great that works out?

Here are your clues:
1. He loves to read.
2. He is wearing khaki pants. (This could potentially be a red herring)
3. He's been working in the same indie for 29 years.
4. Publisher's Weekly recognized him in 1994 for something significant.
5. His bookstore has a motto but if I gave that to you, you'd be able to Google it, so just never you never mind.
6. Barbara Walters was in this indie during the past week.

Good luck, detectives! You can post your guess as a reply, or email me off-line at I've cracked the case, Mary!

Mary & Robin
(Having way too much fun! :-) :->)

5 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Oh, I've got this one!

This is indeed a VERY cool bookstore! It's a community anchor, and I'm not surprised it's still going strong. Yaaaay, Mr. Bookseller! And YAY Bookstore!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

Argh. No clues about corn or Yearning Toast? I'll have to put Sherlock on the case.

Mary Hershey said...

Just wanted to say that I've deleted some sneaky spam that got through on this string.

Mary

jenn said...

That was a tough one, but I think I've got it. If I'm right, it's actually an indie I've spent a decent amount of time at. It's a great store next to a great coffee shop. I'm emailing my guess. . .