Thursday, October 18, 2007

Stop and Smell the Violets



I was supposed to post today, but I ended up watching my two-year-old nephew all afternoon (too cute--but a busy little guy!) then played visiting author at a local book fair this evening. The truth is, I’m a social flatline at the moment.

So instead, I’m going to invite you to take the few minutes you would normally spend reading this post and use it to recharge. Maybe…

…take a moment and remember the most tranquil place you’ve ever been, and let the peace of that memory fill you.

…think of something you’re grateful for, really and truly grateful for.

…think of the happiest thing that’s happened in the last twenty four hours and let yourself enjoy it one more time.

…give yourself the gift of doing nothing for the next few minutes, absolutely nothing—just be still, and breathe.

I hope this recharging moment brings peace to your busy day! Until next week…

2 comments:

Mary Hershey said...

Aaaaah, love this! I'm going with Option C, which is think of the happiest thing that has happened in the last 24 hours.

This is like one of the practices that Liz Gilbert recommends (EAT, PRAY, LOVE) that you do before you go to bed. Pull out the day's happiest event, savor it, relive it, enter the night with it.

Okay, sometimes, mine is my lunch trip to Taco Bell, but that still works!

Robin, don't YOU forget to recharge you sweet little self today, okay?

:-)
Mary

R.L. LaFevers said...

Come to think of it, m'dear, but I probably got most of those from you at one time or another. You're the true recharging expert!